Sunday, June 15, 2008

actually bangkok is not for lovers...even patpong

wow, this place is filthy and disgusting. i am quite exuberant with my choice of residing in chiang mai for my trip. i could have gotten alot done here as well but been miserable at the same time. i think i've figured out the tuk tuk sawngtheaw game also. tuk tuk's are for when you need to jsut get there and sawngtheaw's are for you to just get there. anyhow, i spent yesterday helping my friend take care of some of his chores and then had a mango shake with a few folks and headed for the satanii rot fai commonly known as the train station. it was a delightful experience doing nei gung on the platforms with kids mocking me. makes me learn to focus and receive humility better though. i got on the train and one of my friends ended up on it also. he had missed his train the day before waiting for money to be deposited in his account. i got to show off my new teeth to him. their fancy. then after we got moving i went to the diner car to meet him. i had no idea such a thing existed on my way up. goes to show the drunks know where to drink. the railway employee's and thai police got me to d.j. for the car and we were rocking out to subhumans, the bad things, and some dirty south rap. it was so surreal and hilarious at the same time. then a very drunk cop fed us freshly caught fish, only he wanted to put it in our mouths. so we let him as we have never been fed by a police officer before. it was delicious. i left after having a remarkably good green curry with duck and soup with unknown meat, went to finish my book and go to sleep. it was hot and i rather enjoyed the sound of the train anyhow bringing me back to past days so i opened the window and let in the breeze. i got woken up by a employee atleast five times and told to close it. but, i opened it right away again. i'm just stupid westerner anyhow. the best part was sitting and standing out the door. it made it have less of a passenger feel to it. i'm almost out of time and have no more 10 baht coins so i'm out. going to the forensic and medical oddities museum and then to the talisman market....nice. more to come as soon as i am sitting longer. i leave the guesthouse at 5am for the airport. OH, i forgot to mention that i talked with a monk while catching a ride the other day and he gave me a protective shiva talisman to keep me safe in all my paths. so i got my charms, the ganesh, shiva, and mary magdalene. i'm set for the sky....

No comments: